Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Trip to Savannah with Mom and Dad Finn

My mom and dad came out for graduation and spent a week just to play with us! I was afraid they might get bored spending an entire week, but we had a great time!! 

They flew in on a Thursday night and we went to Savannah, GA Friday afternoon. We walked around by the river that night and checked out a few of the shops. There were lots of people out and it was a fun atmosphere. My parents bought a lunch box for Tory filled with candy for around $30. :) He's a lucky little boy! 


We then drove to our hotel on Hilton Head Island. We were all hungry and the guy at the hotel desk recommended a place where we could get ribs and wings. It was a small bar and it was pretty busy, so we figured the food would be alright. Well let's just say when they brought out the wings, I thought they looked like little lumps of poop. No joke, they didn't look good. And we ordered BBQ wings, but these had a mustard sauce on them. I can't believe I didn't take a picture! Well they tasted about as good as they looked. For the first time in the history of wings, the celery sticks were eaten first. 

Saturday morning we ate breakfast at the hotel. Mom and Dad dropped Colby and I off at a high school so Colby could run and they went to check stuff out. Colby had a great run, but he also had an allergic reaction which wasn't cool. Thankfully his throat didn't swell enough to make him stop breathing, so we were able to continue with our trip as planned. 
We spent the afternoon at the beach after an exciting adventure of trying to find a place to park. The weather was perfect and the ocean was nice!! I wore my workout capris and a t-shirt to swim in since I'm too cheap to buy a swimsuit that would cover my basketball belly. I felt kind of like a freak, but had fun anyway. 
Beach Beauties
 On our walk back to the car, we found this awesome tree!!!


For the first time in Colby's life, he loves his quads more than his biceps. 

Saturday night we went to a good restaurant. Dad got ribs, Colby got salmon, and mom and I got tilapia. It was good and we finished it off with cheesecake and pie. We topped off the night by looking at the fancy boats in the harbor and playing an intense game of Uno.

Sunday morning we checked out of our hotel and drove to the other side of the island. We walked on a beach that was covered in broken shells!

\


Mom's Mother's Day present




We finished the day in the Historic District of Savannah. We ate dinner, went on a horse carriage tour of some of the squares, and then hit the road.




Look closely and you'll see that Colby is spitting water like the statues. 



Throughout the weekend we also enjoyed finding good places for my mom to get a Coke, fighting over who would pay for what, and hunting for a bathroom regularly for my mom and me. It was a really fun and relaxing weekend!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! I wish we could have been there with you guys. It looks like you all had a great time. That tree is pretty incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wish you could have been there too!!!! That would have been so great!

    ReplyDelete